NOVOGEN Logistics Department strives to work on 3 main areas for continuous improvement of the delivery process:
- Developing a special partnership with air carriers,
- Extending support and logistical advice for our clients,
- Encouraging and improving chick quality upon delivery - our ultimate goal.
NOVOGEN's fleet has high-performance specialist tools. Temperature, ventilation and humidity and even CO2 control can be managed during transport thanks to our highly trained and experienced drivers.
Transporting chicks by plane is a very sensitive business and so NOVOGEN has put its own patented containers into operation. The pallets used have a central chimney and regularly used airways, to ensure that the chicks' four compartments are ideally ventilated.
Moreover, thanks to improved airport palletization plus the implementation of a specific standard for planes, our chick's ventilation is optimized for the duration of the air transport. This method has been widely deployed by companies and many airports.
Measures taken for total management of the air logistics chain
- Use of operators specialized exclusively in transporting live animals (with physical presence at airports),
- Special partnerships with major airlines,
- Training for handling operators in both transfer and destination airports,
- Guidance and support for those receiving deliveries regarding import and customs procedures,
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certification,
- "Known Consignor" certification: European accreditation awarded by the European Aviation Safety Agency following inspection of air cargo by home authorities.